BTA Heller Counter / Finish Boring Reaming tools should not be confused with shallow- hole, Counter / Finish Boring Reaming multi-cutter counter boring tools or single point boring bars that are used on machining centers or CNC lathes. BTA Heller’s / Finish Boring Reaming tools are generally for bore depths deeper than 7+ times dia. (L/D) and are used to open up existing holes with increased precision, productivity, and versatility. In the majority of cases, one will be able to produce holes with closer tolerances and finer surface finishes, possibly eliminated the need for honing.
BTA Heller offers a full line of brazed single cutter and single indexable insert tipped tools ranging from 12.7 – 711.20 mm (.500″ – 28.000″) diameter. When required, multi-cutter or stepped Counter / Finish Boring Reaming tools can be furnished to conform with component design criteria or as roughing tools for subsequent form boring operations.
The Counter /Finish Boring Reaming tools are also available in both push and pull styles. Pull style tools are the first choice for accurately opening up and straighten an existing hole. In addition, our counter boring reaming tools are self-piloting but when concentricity is of the utmost importance. These tools can also be furnished to pilot off of the existing bore.
BTA Heller range type Counter Boring Reaming tools can be designed offered as range tools. These tools are designed with deeper pockets which are furnished with adjustable shoes. When an alternate tool diameter is needed, all one has to do is shim the tool out to the new diameter required. In larger diameter tool sizes, it is possible to adjust the tool size up to as much as 19.05 mm (.750″) on diameter.
BTA Heller offers specialty multi-cutter pull boring tools for centrifugally cast tubing. These tools are designed to follow the camber of the cast tube while maintaining uniform wall thickness and are they are capable of obtaining feed rates up to 1.27 mm (.050”) per revolution.
Consider these unique advantages BTA Heller Indexable Counter Boring / reaming Tools.
- Bore depths greater than 100 times the tool diameter.
- If conditions are ideal, hole drift as little as .098 mm per meter (.001″ per foot) can be obtained.
- Stock removal up to 50.80 mm (2.000″) per side depending on tool size.
- Tools available in either push or pull boring versions, in either I.D. or O.D. chip removal.
- BTA single cutter pull type boring tools for critical straightness requirements.
- Carbide inserts with factory ground circle lands (available coated or uncoated) that ensure better hole finish and closer I.D. tolerances.
- Preground carbide guide pads are reversible for double the life.
- Fiber or nylon pads reduce vibrations for better bore finishes and longer insert life.
- Only 4 different inserts are required to cover the complete range from 30 mm (1.181″) and up.