At BTA Heller, we are a manufacturer of deep hole drilling systems with decades of experience. In addition, BTA Heller is now a part of the Sunnen family. Being a part of Sunnen, we now have even more resources and the ability to provide even greater service.
Roller Burnishing Tool Process
Roller burnishing is a process that gives metal a mirror-like finish to a metal surface. At BTA Heller, we have some of the industry’s best skiving and burnishing tools. The basic principle of Skiving Roller Burnishing is where the skiving tool (a modified floating reamer) produces a geometrically true round bore. This is a prerequisite for successful roller burnishing.
Due to certain industry demands, the Skiving/Roller Burnishing tool assembly has become a combination Reaming/Skiving/Roller Burnishing tool assembly. It is also capable of removing up to as much as .250” total stock removal in one operation.
SHDS Series Machines
The Sunnen now offers one of the best skiving and roller burnishings machines on the market today with the SHDS Series. Also, these machines are up to 70 percent faster than more traditional honing and are designed to provide precise tolerances and quality surface finishes. In addition, these machines deliver improved surface finish. Also, it has improved size control for finer special applications.
The SHDS machines also offer enhanced corrosion resistance and improved fatigue life. Furthermore, the SHDS series has an intuitive control system. The control system features:
- Beckhoff PLC with 394 mm (15.5 in) color touchscreen
- All machine functions controlled from the operator station
- Real-time graphical display of tool position, tool feed load, spindle load, and coolant pressure
- One button part clamping
- Two-button part to the part mode for high production operation
- Tool protection function
- USB port for ease of backup
- Metric/inch units screen selectable
- Up to 100 part setups can be saved and retrieved
- Multiple languages screen selectable
Finally, BTA Heller can provide you with all the burnishing tools you need. Give us a call right now at 800.325.3670 or request a quote online today!