When it comes to skiving and burnishing the experts at BTA Heller and Sunnen have you covered. BTA Heller offers all the rollers you need and at Sunnen, they have one of the industry’s best SHDS Series machines. The SHDS is a cost-effective bore sizing solution for hydraulic cylinders and other high production applications.
The SHDS Series Skiving/Roller Burnishing
The Sunnen SHDS is up to 70% faster than other traditional honing machines. Also, these machines are designed to create precise tolerance and quality surface finishes. With extensive testing and quality heavy-duty name-brand parts, the SHDS series offers years of trouble-free operation. In addition, this Sunnen machine comes with a 3-year warranty and a global service and support.
- Improved size control — tolerances within 0.127 mm (.005 inch) on average and much finer for special applications.
- Improved surface finish — as fine as .10 to .15 microns (4 to 6 micro inch) (Ra) on average.
- Increased surface hardness.
- Improved fatigue life.
- Elimination of tool marks and minor surface imperfections.
- Enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Faster production of hydraulic cylinders at a lower cost compared to other ID finishing processes.
This series is offered in three standard models. 2-meter maximum part length (SHD-2500S), 4-meter maximum part length (SHD-4500S), and also 6-meter maximum part length (SHD-6500S).
The control system has a Beckhoff PLCwith a 394 mm color touchscreen. Also, a tool protection function as well as a USB port for ease of backup. Of course, these are just a few features of this great system. If you would like to learn more about the SHDS and other Sunnen products give us a call today at 1-800-325-3670 today!