At BTA Heller, a division of Sunnen, we offer some of the industries best skiving machine and tools. The skiving process can increase feed rates over other processes. When it comes finishing on DOM tubing or seamless tubes, skiving is the fastest method. Sunnen offers two skiving machines to choose from the SHD 2400 Machine and the SHD 4400. The SHD 2400 is shown in the video above.
SKIVING MACHINE SPECIFICATIONS
- Diameter Range (ID): 50 – 180 mm (2.0-7.0 in)
- Diameter Range (OD): 60 – 244.5 mm (2.38 – 9.62 in)
- Minimum Part Length: 154.2 mm (6.0 in)
- Spindle Speed 1650 RPM maximum
- Spindle Power: 45 kW (60 hp)
- Feed System: Hydraulic, 45 kN (1000 lbf) maximum
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Available in two standard models – 2-meter maximum part length (SHD-2400) and 4-meter maximum part length (SHD-4400)
- Large 394 mm (15.5 in) HMI with intuitive controls
- Heavy-duty 55 mm (2.16 in) linear rails for maximum durability.
- CE compliant with a combination of light curtains and fencing.
- Best in industry 3-year warranty.
Advantages of Skiving and Burnishing Tools
The Sunnen skiving machine is one of the best investments you can make. In addition, we also carry skiving and burnishing tools as well. We have I.D. burnishing tools that range from 4.75 mm – 508 mm (.187″ – 20.000″) in diameter. Also, they provide improved surface finish as well as the improved size control. When using our tools it will eliminate tool marks and small surface imperfections. BTA Heller has the expertise and experience to answer any of your questions about any skiving machine or burnishing tool.
With BTA Heller becoming a division of Sunnen, the resources and knowledge both companies have shown through in their products. In addition to skiving products, we carry an extensive line of every type of deep hole drilling tools. Trepanning, Counter Boring, Solid Drilling, and profiling are just a few. Finally, give us a call today at 248.597.0346 or request a quote for any of our available machines or tools.